Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pearmund Cellars

6190 Georgetown Rd
Broad Run, VA 20137
(540) 347-9627
www.pearmundcellars.com

Visited:
April 10, 2011




I am SO tempted to give this place 1 star....Frak it...one star.

Lemme explain.

We arrived there before my other Yelp-a-rino amigos and decided to start on the wine tasting. On the plus side they had a little play area for kids with toys, puzzles and all sorts of things to keep the monkeys entertained.

When we arrived a kid was already playing in this area and the toys were spread out all over the small carpet. We were about 6 feet away from out boys who were happy to play in this little area while we began our wine tasting adventures.

As we began tasting the wine, I was disappointed at the flavor of the home brewed vinos and was not surprised when the wine server informed us that only ONE wine was made on premises with the grapes grown on the Pearmund grounds. All of the other wines are made from grapes bought from other growers in different areas.

-1 star for that bit of information....grow your own grapes!!!!!

As we tasted the various wines, I wasn't impressed with the flavor of the Permund offerings. There was something missing from each wine and every single wine left me wanting "more".

-1 for the not-so-impressive Pearmund wines.

Once we finished up the wine tasting, we bought a bottle to enjoy there ($25 for a bottle of white wine; Viognier) which seemed quite steep for Virginia wine. Seriously, I can get some AMAZING 5-star Italian, French or even Napa CA wine at Trader Joe's for under $6...

Anyway...

Once the other Yelpers finished their wine tasting, we decided to head outside, grab a table and enjoy the mountain views while enjoying some cheese, bread and snacks. Before we headed outside I picked up some of the toys in the play area although the toys were already messy before our arrival. We cleaned up as much as we could before our boys ran outside after some of the other Yelp-a-ronis.

We sat outside, enjoyed the view and tried as best as we could to sip some wine and engage our friends and Yelpers in some fun conversation in between chasing after our monkeys. Thankfully 2nd Ben helped me chase after one monkey and the rest of the Yelpers were kind enough to let our boys engage in some frisbee and football throwing fun.

A few hours later we decided to head home and ran inside to use the loo. As I left the restroom, I notice one Pearmund employee (a lady) giving my boys the most EVIL eye ever. When I reached my wife, she informed me that one of the female employees (the same one giving my boys the nasty look) had lectured her about how we "inconvenienced" her by leaving a mess of the toys in the kid's play area. She told my wife that it took her almost 30 minutes to clean up the toys that WE left laying around.

BULLSHIT!!!!

Listen, I hate to be a d*ck but if you're in the service industry it's YOUR JOB to pick up and clean up. We did not create the mess and I'm sorry if we didn't completely pick up all the toys. But how DARE you criticize us...customers with small children for leaving a few toys laying around.

-1000 stars!!!

With the sub-par wine, nasty looks flashed at my boys and for the lecturing of my wife, my friends and I will NEVER return to Pearmund. We are your customers and if I drop trou, take a sh*t in the middle of your lobby I expect you to clean it up with a smile on your face and then THANK me by saying "Please come again sir".

If that makes me a snobby muthaf*cker then yes, I am that... Never EVER insult a customer and never give nasty looks to little innocent toddlers for being children. With your sub-standard wine, bee infested outdoor area and blase vineyard...you better learn to kiss the ass of all your customers if you want repeat business.

Just know that I've told my Yelp friends to abandon all ideas of returning here and head to Breaux vineyards for a truly memorable VA wine experience.

Pearmund, I have already forgotten about you....

No comments:

Post a Comment