Friday, April 9, 2010

Lost Dog Café & Gourmet Pizza Deli

5876 Washington Blvd
Arlington, VA 22205
(703) 237-1552
www.lostdogcafe.com

Visited: April 2010



Wow, what a change! The last time I had been to Lost Dog Café, the place was tiny, the bar was sticky and the food was tasty. This time, the place is much bigger, cleaner but we did have somewhat of a wait for our food. The major plus is that with their new expansion/re-model, you no longer have to wait a long time for a table.

The place is much brighter and just feels much cleaner than it did before. Don't get me wrong, I could care less about how clean a place is...especially if I'm just imbibing on some cold cerveza. Just a plus to have the place really turn around for the better in case I ever decide to take the boss lady and the two monkeys.

Today's outing to Lost Dog Café was last-minute and I was joined by fellow Yelpers Steve L, Fenny L and Ben "1st Ben" M. The only people to give into the cerveza urge was Steve and yours truly which was a welcome lunchtime treat after a brain stewing week at work.

We laugh, we joked and our stomachs grumbled as we waited for our food to come outta the kitchen. I deducted 1.5 stars for the wait as I don't remember ever waiting this long for food to come outta the Lost Dog Café kitchen.

When the food finally arrived I was happy that the Italian Waffle fries were hot, crispy and very tasty. My sandwich (The Cowboy) was a little light on the meat and garlic and had very thin slices of Bree cheese melted on top. Major props to the Lost Dog Café for the baguette bread used for the sammiches; it was so fresh and tasted amazing. There's nothing worse than crumbly old stale baguette bread...ugh.

Thankfully the ingredients in my Cowboy Sandwich (warm roast beef, garlic, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, garlic and melted Bree) were all tasty. Just wish the darn thing had a bit more meat inside, but all together a very tasty meal.

It's still a great place to grab a frosty cold brew and to have a sandwich or pizza combination that will give you a break from the standard "boring" fast food chain places. I just wish we were there on the weekend and had someone else to drive so I could enjoy more than just one tasty brew.

Based on this experience and past experiences, Lost Dog Café will always have a special place in my cold little heart.

**woof**
****woof***
--B*tches!--
******woof******
********woof*****

Oh yeah, best part of today's lunch was seeing Fenny book outta the parking lot doing 40 mph in order to get to her meeting in time. Thanks for putting up with all of us Fenster!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment