Saturday, April 10, 2010

Outback Steakhouse - Vienna

315 Maple Ave E
Vienna, VA 22180
(703) 242-0460
www.outback.com

Visited:
April 10, 2010




Ewwww....

The ONLY reason we came here (the wife and two little cupcakes) was that we had a gift card and were in the area. I know the steak isn't the best and have even heard that its frozen...a "no no" in my book of meat...

But despite these reservations about Outback we still decided to pay this place a visit. Major disappointment.

We started off our dinner with some crab stuffed shrimp:

The crab "stuffing" was primarily made up of bread and there was only the slightest hint of crab flavor. Being so close to Maryland you would think that Outback could splurge a little and make the crab filling a bit more crabby. The shrimp they used had an texture and slight flavor that slapped my taste buds in the face and yelled, "Hey bizznatchez I'm fro-zen!!"

Rubbery textured shrimp, not a good thing....

Our main course was a 6 ounce steak with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. The mashed potatoes were okay, the veggies were "enh" as they were a bit overcooked but the steak was truly forgettable. Nothing disappoints me more than eating red meat (the few times I do eat it) and tasting nothing...

The steak was bland in flavor and it was evident this was not a great cut of meat. I had ordered the steak cooked to a medium temperature and it was more of a medium well. You know, it's probably a good thing it was a medium well as I wasn't sure about the freshness of the steak.

On the positive side of this Outback, the service was friendly and very attentive. I had a nice tall mug of Blue Moon beer and used that tasty brew to wash down the food and clear my taste buds. As we wrapped up our experience, I noticed that Outback was THE Zagat winner of BEST steakhouse of 2009. As I looked at the fine print, it was "Best CHAIN steakhouse of 2009".

Enh...

Well despite this Zagat rating, never again Outback...never again. Or like Edgar Allan Poe's Raven would so ominously quoth, "Nevermore!"

Shoo raven, shoo...

*** Large black flapping wings stir the air as the Raven departs with my last piece of Outback steak ***

No comments:

Post a Comment