Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blue Fire Grill

7801 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043
(703) 893-1340

Visited:
April 15, 2010




The Blue Fire Grille is located inside the newly renovated Westin Tysons Corner hotel. My journey to this location was prompted by the office cafeteria being closed until 7:30am. I was starvin' and decided to head up the street to explore my other option; the Westin Hotel.

As I walked in, I was immediately impressed with how beautiful this once old hotel looked on the inside; beautifully modern and well designed. I headed around the corner of the hotel desk and found the Blue Fire Grille and decided to be a bit adventurous by trying out the breakfast buffet.

Yes...AYCE goodness!

After a quick and obligatory quick inspection of the buffet, i was impressed with the food selection. The fruit looked amazingly fresh and they had everything from scrambled eggs to freshly made French toast or pancakes. Making myself a plate of food, I loaded up on the freshly cut pineapple and strawberries before heading over to the eggs and potatoes.

I topped off my plate with two pieces of French toast and headed back to my table. To my surprised (and I was very impressed), a generous glass of orange juice was waiting for me as was a carafe full of coffee. I dove into my food and was happy with the freshness and flavor of the food, juice and coffee.

The wait staff was very attentive and made sure to keep my orange juice filled and my coffee cup was constantly being topped off. Before I finished my plate, the waiter brought the bill and I had a peek inside.

$18.50 for the breakfast buffet. Are you serious?

Stupid me! I should have asked before diving into the food how much they charged for the buffet. Yes the food was tasty, the service was great but not worthy of $18.50 plus tip. Feeling a bit of buyers remorse and thinking, "I need to get my money's worth" I went back to the buffet line and got a bit more eggs, some smoked salmon and more fruit. If I was paying $18.50 for breakfast, I was going to eat enough to fill me up so I didn't have to eat lunch.

So was the Blue Fire Grille (with its way too cool extra "e" at the end of Grill) worth the money? Enh...me thinks it was okay. Will I go back there? Probably not. The lesson I've learned is to be a bit more patient and wait for the local cafeteria to open before plunking down almost $20 for breakfast.

I sure hope my wife doesn't read this 'cause she will kick my ass for dropping an Andrew Jackson for breakfast...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment