Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chicken Out - McLean

1443-A Chain Bridge Rd
McLean, VA 22101
(703) 917-8646
http://www.chickenout.com/

Visited:
April 17, 2010




This Chicken Out location is the COMPLETE opposite of the Bethesda Avenue chicken out.

The people are kind, courteous, fast and the whole store is clean and welcoming. Honestly, if you could select this store with a magical giant mouse pointer, click CTRL-C I would then paste a copy of this store right on top of the Bethesda Avenue location (see my other review).

The food was fresh and I was treated the way all customers of a service establishment should be treated. Again, this may make me sound like an elitist snob, but if I'm paying for food I want things to be well made and I want to be treated well...like they want my repeat business.

I ordered a BBQ chicken and coleslaw wrap which was friggin' delicious!!! OMG the combination of the pulled BBQ chicken with the sweet crispy coleslaw was sooooooooo delicious! After a spending a stressful day taking care of one of my boys and spending hours at the doctor, I was starvin and we had nothing at home prepared.

Thankfully the wrap was amazing and really made me wish I had bought two. The second item I picked up was a Santa Fe chicken salad. The Romaine lettuce was fresh and they obviously used all of the best parts for this salad. I wasn't too crazy about the chicken they used for the salad as it was dry breast meat that was under seasoned. The salad dressing appeared to be a simple mix of Tabasco and mayonnaise and there were a few bit of tortilla shells, cheese and corn mixed in with the lettuce.

5-stars for the BBQ Chicken and coleslaw wrap
2-stars for the Santa Fe Chicken salad

Although this location is GREAT and everything about the service was amazing...the Santa Fe Chicken salad and memories of the Bethesda location still have me a bit biased. I don't feel that I can give them a rating higher than 3 stars.

But I'll definitely come back to this location again for another tasty BBQ Chicken and Coleslaw wrap. You can bet your money on that mangg!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment