Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clyde's - Alexandria

1700 N Beauregard St
Alexandria, VA 22311
(703) 820-8300

Visited:
Mother's Day; May 2010




This Clyde's location holds a special place in our family's heart. The Koi pond out front that everyone comments on...my Dad built it. Whenever we go to this location for a family dinner, my Dad happily points out how he built it and most importantly how he made special grooves into the rocks to change the flow and appearance of the water for the mini waterfalls.

I love my old man and always look forward to seeing the pride on his face as we walk past the Koi pond on our way into and out of the restaurant front door. :-)

Unlike some of the other Clyde's locations, this one isn't as packed and crazy (namely the Chinatown and Tysons locations). The staff has always treated us well and seem happy to find a spot for our ever growing family. The theme of this restaurant is noticeably a sea one with boats, paddles and images of fishing all around you.

If this location is ever busy and you need to wait for a table, mosey on over to the bar, order a cold brew and some crab dip or a dozen oysters. As long as you have some great company and your beer stays cold, the time will fly by. BTW, now that Yelp is integrated with Open Table, I think we won't have to wait too long to reserve a table for our family.

The staff are friendly, attentive and are always checking in to see if you need a drink or if everything is okay.

The clientele are a bit on the older side, which I see as a pro because the place is never crazy loud or filled with popped collar frat boys. If the older crowd is not your thing, come here after 7pm when the early eaters have left and the crowd will be more in the late 20-something early 30's. I like old people (they remind me of my old teachers) so I don't mind dining here around 4:30/5pm. I just make a note not to cuss up a storm lest I'll receive some serious stares from the geriatric folk around us. :-)

"Sorry ma'am, didn't mean to say that!"

So what have we learned?
1) Antonio's Pops built the Koi pond
2) The later you come to this Clydes, the less crowded it'll be.
3) If you come here before 5pm, don't curse too much or too loudly. :-)

I truly enjoy this Clydes location and hope that we'll continue to come here year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment