Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ACKC Cocoa Bar

2003 Mt Vernon Ave
Suite A

Alexandria, VA 22301

(703) 635-7919
www.thecocoagallery.com

Visited:
May 25, 2010




So today I cheated on my sweet love...
I took another mistress, a "part-time lovaaaaaaaah"

Sing it Stevie Wonder!!

Yes, I cheated and I wanted to use this forum to come clean...

I had forgotten that my sweet lover, my Dairy Godmother wasn't open on Tuesdays...and I fell into the arms of another sweet thing, another sweet lover...

She is dark, silky, lovely and full of cocoa treats that have won me over...

What would my other sweet love say if she knew I had taken a lover just a few blocks down from her, on the SAME street? I'm sure that after all the pulled hair, scratches and yelling they would fall for each other...

It's okay, I love you both...each for different reasons. There's a place in my belly for each of you. And ACKC Cocoa Bar, you now own a little bit of real estate in my fat belly...a belly shared by my frozen custard lover and my other DC love Locolat...

I love you all my sweet temptresses...so don't fret...there's plenty of this fat boy to go 'round for you all. Just keep the sweet treats flowing and continue to love me now matter how fat I become. Fat means more of me, which means more for you...and then more of you will make me even bigger. Oh this lovely codependent relationship...who wouldn't love to take on this sweetness?

ACKC Cocoa Bar is neatly decorated with artwork, stained glass and tables created by the owner. The staff at ACKC was a lone young lady who was so friendly to the boss lady and our two monkeys. She happily shared sample of their ice cream (we had gone to Del Ray for ice cream and I wanted ice cream dammit!!) and was one of THE nicest people I have ever met!

My wife and this young lady chatted for quite awhile while the monkeys ran around the shop marveling at all the candy and "kah-ko-leh" (chocolate) in the display cases and on the shelves. As I snapped up some pix to post on Yelp, I couldn't help but marvel at their variety of chocolates...

We had some ice cream (toasted coconut) and the wife indulged and shared some delicious macarons. The ice cream was tasty, an okay substitute but no replacement for the Dairy Godmother. The chocolate selection was AMAZING and I did my best to control my drooling.

What made this place outstanding was the kind young woman behind the counter who filled us in on some upcoming events and tastings. She treated the boys to some tasty treats and happily engaged them in some playful games with a little desk bell. Apparently ACKC gives free ice cream to local students that get more than four A's on their report card and often have free tasting of chocolate or pastries to people on their email mailing list.

The wife signed up for the email list and we promised to return very soon. Sometime tasty treats are made even more delicious when the service is so outstanding. Great job ACKC in finding such a wonderful person to run your store as she and your tasty treats are the main reason we'll return. Ummm...chocolate and tasty treats...

No comments:

Post a Comment