Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chick-Fil-A - Germantown, MD

19945 Century Blvd
Germantown, MD 20874
(240) 686-1110
www.chick-fil-a.com

Visited:
May 26, 2010




Blah blah BLAH!!

So take note servers and establishment owners. How can a server / member of your staff lose business for you and drive away repeat customers? Crappy crappy service and an odd sense of being too important to help your customers.

On my way to an off-site office which took me across the river into Maryland and had me drive 30 minutes down i-270...I decided to stop for some breakfast. I had rushed outta the house without grabbing my morning toast and homemade latte in order to get to this off-site office by 6:30am. In doing so, my stomach was growling and asking for some sacrificial food to be tossed into the pit of my stomach to satisfy my hunger.

With little to no gas left in the car, I pulled into this Chick-Fil-A location which was down the street from my off-site office. I parked the car, went inside and looked at the breakfast menu. I had never ever eaten breakfast at ANY Chick-Fil-A, so I took some time reviewing the menu to decide what to order.

This Chick-Fil-A was empty and no other customers where in line and I was the lone person standing at the front counter. Heck, I even stood away from the counter in the event a customer walked in after me and was in a rush to place his or her order. The lady at the registers asked me, "Can I take your order?"

"Ummm" I said still reviewing the menu, "I'm still looking" now feeling a bit rushed and like a dunce trying to figure out what I wanted. I decided on the chicken, egg and cheese bagel sandwich and approached the counter.

"I'll take the chicken, egg and cheese bagel please."

"What drink do you want?"

"Umm...pardon me?"

Server rolls her eyes and speaks louder as if I didn't understand her. "What DRINK do you want?"

"It comes with a drink? I just wanted the sandwich.."

Server sighs heavily as if I'm inconveniencing her. I looked at the board and see that for sixty cents more I can get a drinks and tater tots with my breakfast sandwich. "I'll take an orange juice."

She places the order and sticks out her hand saying, "Seven twenty five".

I hand her a twenty dollar bill and she asks, "Do you have a quarter?"

"No ma'am, I do not have a quarter."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure...if I had a quarter I would've given you a quarter."

Her eyes roll and she gives another "f*ck you idiot" sigh as she pulls out a roll of quarters, cracks them on the counter (and thankfully not on my head). She counts out three quarters, two one dollar bills and a 10 spot and hands it back to me.

Taking out a box or orange juice she leaves it on the back counter and walks away. Another server walks up, picks up the orange juice and ask, "Who is this for?" The server that took my order points to me and walks into the back room. The 2nd server hands me my sandwich and thanks me.

I walk over to the seating area, already annoyed by the 1st server's attitude and those friggin' sighs. All the tables and seats appear to be dirty and one table across from me has some huge liquid spilled all over the table.

Finding the "cleanest" table in the area I sit down and open up the box holding my bagel sandwich. Ugh...futher disappointment. The bagel is okay; a whole wheat bagel which is covered in melted cheese and some folded piece of egg. The chicken patty was the most disappointing part of this sandwich as it was almost 2 sizes smaller than the bagel or even the folded piece of egg (Picture an 8"x8" piece of paper folded in half twice).

Where's the chicken? Taking two bites of the sandwich on the chicken side, my fat ass completely ate the small piece of chicken. Two bites? Seriously? That small? I had been to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and their sandwiches aren't huge, but if memory serves right the pieces of chicken are large enough to fit the bun/bread. Total disappointment.

As I finished the rest of my sandwich (which was now nothing more than an egg and cheese bagel), I kept looking at that table with the huge spilled liquid. I wondered if anyone would come to clean up that spill. During the time I sat there eating my sandwich no one came by. Looking around me at the chairs I saw little pieces of food and now-dry liquid on most of the chairs.

At 6:30am I doubted it this mess wasn't from a huge wave of early morning messy patrons. It had to be from the night before and due to the close proximity to the children's play area I was guessing (having my own experience with my two monkeys) that all this mess was from the night before.

Why was this place so messy? Why hadn't they cleaned this up last night? If the attitude and lack of customer service shown by the 1st server told me anything, it was that the staff of this Chick-Fil-A location probably didn't take pride in their job.

Hey Chick-Fil-A off Century Blvd, make sure you find staff or make your staff care. Personally I will never return to this location and now have a bit of a sour feeling towards other Chick-Fil-A's. Boo!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment