Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dogfish Head Alehouse

Seven Corners Shopping Ctr
6220 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22044
(703) 534-3342
www.dogfishalehouse.com

Visited:
June 29, 2010




Checked out this place the other day during a lunchtime outing with my buddy Steve L. Although I wanted to hit Bangkok Golden's AYCE Thai lunch again, I really I wanted to try out the Dogfish Head Ale's food and possibly one of their brews. While we were there, I checked out the menu and saw a lot of great looking food that would be perfect for those imbibing in some drinks as everything seemed hearty and a perfect compliment to a beer drinking visit.

Umm...beer...

The lunchtime menu had a variety of food ranging from sandwiches, burgers and salads to hearty entrees of gumbo and fish 'n chips. There's pretty much anything for everyone on the menu and they even had a good veggie friendly offering. After scanning the menu, I settled on the BBQ chicken salad (lunch special for that day) while Steve ordered a basket of fried goodies (onion rings, fresh potato chips and french fries) and a Garlic Caesar salad.

When my salad arrived it, the presentation was quite nice. The beans, corn, BBQ chicken and green onions were each given 1/4 area of the salad bowl which looked very nice. I mixed up the ingredients and took a bite. The flavors and ingredients combined well and the BBQ sauce from the chicken gave the salad an extra tasty flavor. The only criticism I had about the salad was that they were a bit heavy handed with the dressing which made the salad super rich.

I told myself that if I ever ordered a salad again at the Dogfish that I'd ask for the dressing on the side to control the amount of dressing that goes into my belly. :-) Steve's basket of fried stuff was a mountain of crispy goodness. On bringing out the huge basket of fried stuff, two large onion rings accidentally escaped the server's tray and fell onto the floor. The server was very apologetic and promised to make it up to Steve. A few minutes later he brought out a few more onion rings to replace the ones that had fallen from the basket of fried goodness.

I must now talk about this basket. Wow! It was huge (that's what she said) and was filled to capacity with freshly fried potato chips, huge onion rings and French fries. The cool thing about the onion rings were that they were made with red onions which gave them a bit more flavor. Steve was kind enough to share the bounty of the basket and I happily dove in chomping down onions rings and fries.

I definitely enjoyed my visit to the Dogfish and will be back! Looking forward to trying out some more of their beers. Oh yeah, I had a beer with my lunch...and it was tasty. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!!!

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not a Louisiana native, I lived there for awhile and once upon a time was married to a Native American/Cajun who taught me how to cook a few Louisiana specialties, Crawfish Etouffee being my #1 favorite with Gumbo coming in at #2. So it's been part of my eating journey - to try everybody's Gumbo and so far no one's comes close to Louisiana-style Gumbo. As my Sis-in-law once said about the Gumbo up this way “they Yankee-fyed it yeah” and so far she’s been right. But I'll have to give the Dogfish Head Alehouse a taste-try and see. Might have to try the Andouille Cajun Egg Rolls too, wonder what Sis-in-law would have to say about that, “Cajun Egg Rolls” lol.

    ReplyDelete