Monday, April 6, 2009

Cheeburger Cheeburger

14921 Shady Grove Rd
Rockville, MD 20850

(301) 309-9555

http://www.cheeburger.com

Visited: April 5, 2009



What makes a good cheeseburger delicious? I'm sure everyone's criteria is different but I'd like to go out on a limb here and use the following list:

  • Juiciness - The burger must be juicy and not dry
  • Flavor - Great flavor tasting of fresh meat
  • Cooked to Order - Cooked exactly the way you asked (Rare, Medium, Well Done)
How well did Cheeburger Cheeburger satisfy the above requirements? Unfortunately it missed all the marks. The burger I ordered cooked "medium" was a cooked to a "well done" making it very very dry and lacking any flavor. The taste of the meat was okay, but didn't taste fresh...honestly it tasted as if it had been frozen for quite a while which may have also contributed to the lack of juice and flavor.

The interesting part of my experience at Cheeburger Cheeburger is that everyone at our table ordered their burgers with different cooked to orders; the wife ordered Medium Well, our friend ordered Medium and I ordered Medium. All three burgers were EXACTLY the same cooked to a "Well Done" level and lacking any juice.

To us first time visitors of Cheeburger Cheeburger, it appeared as if they tried to hide this fact by offering unlimited topping ranging from the regular tomato and lettuce to the more adventurous Guac, Jalapenos and horseradish. The toppings list will blow your mind as it's quite an impressive list but only serves to hide the dryness of your burger as most true burger connoisseurs will not get that true meat experience.

For those of you (such as myself) that LOVE french fries and onion rings, the portions served at Cheeburger Cheeburger are quite generous and the flavor of both are quite good. I was also happy with my mango flavored Ice Tea as they offer a variety of flavored ice teas and lemonades. For the money we paid, I shouldn't really complain but I'd rather take my burger business to Five Guys, Fuddrucker's or Red Robin.

After hearing so much about Cheeburger Cheeburger, I'm sad to say I'm quite disappointed and will not return. By the way, I figured out from this visit why you won't find a "S" and "E" in the Cheeburger Cheeburger name. Because you won't find a "Satisfying Experience" at this cheeseburger place...

Cheeburger Cheeburger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment