Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chicken Out - Bethesda

4839 Bethesda Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 907-8646

Visited:
March 5, 2010

**ZERO STARS**

I will NEVER ever return to this location!!

*** 2nd only ZERO star review ***

I had such a horrendous experience at this chicken out, that I went on their corporate website and submitted the following complaint:

----

My family and I stopped into the Bethesda location today and were completely mistreated by the manager (African American man) named Barry. He was rude from the beginning as I saw how he rudely treated other customers while I was placing my order with another employee. When I wanted to check-out and pay for my order, "Barry" did not excuse himself, unexpectedly left the register and walked outside to yell at some man sitting at a table.

After making a scene where people walking down the sidewalk appeared to be scared, he returned to the register and then proceeded to ring up my order. Once he rang me out, I saw a kids special posted on the wall advertising a free meal for children with the purchase of an adult meal.

I asked "Barry" if I could get a free drumstick for my twin boys. He rudely said "No, you should've seen the special BEFORE you paid. It's too late now!" I was disappointed by his behavior and in an attempt not to cause I scene kept quiet and made a note to contact the Chicken Out website in order to leave feedback.

Barry's bad behavior did not end there. While I was eating with my wife and twin boys, I noticed him rushing a customer as she inquired about an item on the menu. This man "Barry" told this lady in a condescending manner and loud voice to take a copy of the menu and make a decision BEFORE putting in an order. This "Barry" seems angry and all together unprofessional person and due to his abrasive behavior I will NEVER return to this Chicken Out location.

Come to think of it, as Barry is a representative of Chicken Out I will NEVER patronize any other location. Chicken Out truly needs to ensure they have employees that are not like Barry. His anger, unprofessionalism and rudeness will only cause Chicken Out to continually lose customers.

I will tell my friends, I will tell my coworkers, I will tell my ENTIRE family, I will tell EVERYONE to stay away from this Bethesda Chicken Out and from any other Chicken Out locations. Also, for a a half chicken with two side items and a drink, the price of my bill ($17) is too much for such a horrible experience and for food that is sub-par.

---------

That's my complaint. Its been years since I visited a Chicken Out and I must sadly report that if this Chicken Out is a representation of all locations, the quality of its products has severely declined. The quality of the chicken, the sides and employees have truly reached a low. The gentleman that actually served my chicken was kind and happy, but all that kindness was forgotten after my experience with his horrible manager, the donkey called "Barry".

FYI, the only reason I specified Barry's ethnicity was to separate him from the other gentleman working that day. The other man was the opposite of Barry and very kind.

I knew I should have truly slummed it and eaten next door at Five Guys. At least I know I would've been better treated there and would have spent a lot less while happily clogging up my arteries with fat.

I do not *heart* Chicken Out...

No comments:

Post a Comment